Living overseas can be challenging. At Jane we take care of the details so you can focus on your study and make the most of your time at the University of Tasmania. Benefits of life at Jane include.
- Fully catered, all your meals taken care of.
- One affordable weekly fee that includes everything*
- Private, fully furnished room, and study facilities.
- A vibrant social community and diverse mix of residents from many different cultures.
- Great additional academic support and help you when you need it.
- Convenient free bus service to all Hobart campus locations.
- A secure safe environment, excellent pastoral care and staff living on site.
- A huge variety of sports and social activities to help you adjust to life in a new country.
*Monthly internet data allocation included. Excess data costs available here.
Safety and Security
At Jane the well-being of all our residents is most important to us. There is always a member of our Residential staff available, all year round to respond to your concerns at any hour of the day.
After hours access to our campus is by swipe card access only and each night our residential staff make sure the campus is safe and secure.
Jane is located a short distance from the University of Tasmania Hobart campus locations. We also provide our own bus service that safely and conveniently circulates daily around all campus locations in Hobart. Living at Jane also puts you within walking distance of theatres, concerts, art galleries, sports facilities, Salamanca and central Hobart.
Hobart has all the benefits of living in a big city with the friendly feeling of a large town. Tasmania is the island state of Australia. It is famous for it’s, pristine wilderness, beautiful scenery and vibrant arts culture. No matter what your interest you’re sure to find something here to enjoy.