The Perfect Complement
Jane Franklin Hall is the perfect place to live while studying at university in Hobart. More than accommodation, Jane is a community where lifelong friendships are made and academic learning is valued. We aim to provide residents with the best possible experience and support in which to pursue their studies.
We have excellent pastoral care, academic assistance, IT facilities, staff living on site, and a secure safe environment. At Jane we go out of our way to help our students make the most of their time at university.
Jane also has an indefinable quality of spirit. Our students share a strong loyalty to the College and its rich sporting and academic tradition.
Jane is set in beautiful landscaped grounds and offers accommodation for 180 students in single study bedrooms, double rooms or self-contained flats. Many rooms enjoy views of the River Derwent, Mount Wellington or the city. The University campus and Hobart city is just a 20 minute walk or 15 minute bus ride away.
Our other facilities include
- Transport on the Jane bus to all University of Tasmania campuses in Hobart
- Dedicated study spaces
- Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- Tennis and basketball court
- Table Tennis Table
- Common rooms
- Single-person gymnasium
- Television lounges with Foxtel/cable television
- Dry cleaning service
- Library with computers, printer, scanner and photocopier
- BBQ area
- Function/recreation facilities
- Free, fully-equipped laundry room
- Shared kitchenettes with free tea and coffee facilities
- Food and drink vending machines